CHEMCORP INTERNATIONAL SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
Chemcorp International is committed to reducing our environmental impact; together with supporting our customers to do the same, via the products we create and sell. We are committed to making continuous improvements in both our product development process, as well as in our partnerships with global brands, to promote environmental stewardship.
We aim to always comply with environmental legislation and regulations, both in Australia and the international marketplaces we supply. And, where possible, strive to exceed these through our everyday decisions and actions.
Chemcorp International’s Sustainability Policy commits us to:
- Identify environmental risks, and develop solutions, across all areas of our business.
- Ensure our compliance with legislation and regulation.
- Set targets for continuous improvement and put in place sustainability programs where applicable.
- Communicate our environmental intent both internally and externally.
Product and manufacturing
- Ongoing assessment of all existing and new product development to understand the impact our products have on the environment and identify solutions to reduce impact. This is our brand action plan summary.
- Engage with suppliers to, where possible, influence reduced environmental impact and be regularly updated on their environmental assessment protocols.
- Include a sustainability commitment as a key factor for distribution agreement.
- Develop processes and guidelines to improve environmental considerations during manufacturing and shipping where possible.
Sales and marketing
- Assess adverse environmental impact from the use or disposal of our products.
- Educate consumers on the correct methods of product packaging at end-of-life following externally provided guidelines include Australasian Recycling Label Program.
- Analyse, revise and where possible eliminate the use of single-use sales and marketing materials.
- Assess continual improvement opportunities across DC operations to minimise environmental impact from product distribution.
- Engage with external stakeholders and where possible make supply chain decisions that uphold our commitment to reducing our environmental impact.
- Ensure employees are aware of the Chemcorp International Sustainability Policy and are motivated to apply it in their respective areas of the business.
- Externally report on environmental performance annually, including progress against the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation 2025 National Packaging Targets.
- Internally assess corporate activities that may contribute to environmental impact against our sustainability objectives to guide decision-making.
It is the responsibility of all Chemcorp International employees to uphold the Sustainability Policy.