We love any chance to get romantic and girlie; so you can imagine our delight that Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It’s a perfect excuse to light the candles, pour a glass of bubbles, and start preparing for a day and night of indulging in all things romance!
Whether you’re planning a romantic night with your significant other; or just indulging in a little bit of “me” time – after all, loving yourself is important - you deserve nothing less than a beautiful day.
Set the mood from the start of the day by sinking into a blissful state of relaxation and romance with a warm bath. Here are our top tips for transforming your bath time experience:
1. Fill the bath with warm water, ensuring it’s just the right temperature to lounge in for longer than five minutes - one upside to celebrating solo on Valentine’s Day is not having to consider anyone else. Winning!
2. Now here’s where it becomes special! Add a cup or two of Dr Teal’s Epsom Salt with either Lavender or Eucalyptus essential oils. Both are perfect for relaxing the mind and soothing the muscles into a state of ‘ahhh’ while also softening skin and leaving it beautifully scented!
3. Make sure to really take the time to luxuriate and enjoy the scent of your chosen essential oils. We love slipping on a soft EcoTools bamboo sleep mask and drifting off to daydream land.
4. Once you’ve managed to rouse yourself, it’s time to turn cleansing from a quick necessity into a body ritual. How you ask? It’s all about taking your time. We used our EcoTools bath sponge, which is super soft against the skin and creates a velvety lather with your favourite body wash.
5. To leave skin glowing, finish your bath ritual using the EcoTools ramie bath mit or polishing loofah body sponge. Gently rub over the skin in circular motions to remove any dead skin cells. These work to both soften and increase circulation, so you’ll feel amazing when you finish.
6. We know you won’t want to, but it’s time to leave the bath. Gently pat skin dry with the biggest, fluffiest towel you own and finish by applying your favourite body cream all over.
Relaxed, soft and gorgeously scented, you’re now ready for either a solo love-in with bubbles and a chick flick; or to slip into something special and head out for a candlelit dinner.
We’d love to hear your top tips for the most luxurious bath experience? Do you add rose petals, surround yourself with tea-light candles or listen to music?
Wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day beauties!